"Nothing is random" - pure wisdom!
This must be the one thing I learned that actually makes a whole lot of sense in my world and it's one of the reasons you are here, reading these lines - and I'm so glad that you stopped by.
Hello. I'm Aldo Blaga. My world has been spinning around music since I started speaking my first words.
Tip-Top MiniTop (Kid’s Singing competition) at 4 years old, started piano at 7 years old, clarinet at 11 and started my vocal revolution at 19 years old. I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree in Music at the "Gheorghe Dima" Music Academy of Cluj-Napoca and since then I have been looking for newer and more exciting ways of influencing the society in which I live in, both through music and good practices arising from my music endeavors.
My journey so far has been sprinkled with trials of all kinds, roads of all lengths, people of all beliefs, cultures and colors - but one thing became clearer to me than ever before: HUMANITY is in all of US!
People will tell you about career, life, family ... about their hardships and joys, but one thing unites us all in Life - the LOVE for MUSIC! Or why not just LOVE in general?!
We can talk about love from the Moon to the Stars and back, but HERE and NOW is the time to talk about how we can influence, inspire and guide people around us and the community in which we live in. It's time to dedicate ourselves to each other because, unite through LOVE for Life, Music and all the things that ultimately make us HUMAN.
This is my greatest belief and the main system I structure my path in life upon.
My journey so far looks like this:
- After finishing high school I looked for ways of becoming independent so that I could help my parents as much as possible;
- 2006 marks the beginning of my music journey in composition.
- 2007 marks the first trip to the US (New York) and spending 3 months abroad, learning about the American culture and musical life.
- In 2009 I started my own band, at first playing local small venues and slowly starting to make a name for myself in Romania and abroad, with electric shows based mostly on cover music. Since then I have organized or have been invited to take part in over 500 shows, private and public events alike.
- 2010 comes with many surprises and a new trip to America where I had the opportunity of a lifetime to sing with the Bill Porter Orchestra as well as other greats of jazz music in Chicago and New York. Returning to the country I started a collaboration with Horia Brenciu at his invitation, making my entrance on the Romanian mainstage as a Michael Buble tribute, at his request.
- 2011 is the year I took part in The Voice of Romania, the first edition, where I manage to get close to the semifinals! Together with Marius Moga we made the song "Make it up 2 you" which can be found in
my debut album - "About Love", available on all the major online music stores (iTunes, Google Play Music, etc.)
- In 2016 I took part in the 6th edition of The X-Factor where I managed to get to the Bootcamp stage and for the first time in the show’s history I sang George Michael’s “Careless Whisper” both on Sax and Voice.
- December 2016 comes with the greatest challenge of my life - I organized my first Charity Concert called "United, We give ...The Joy of Christmas" and at the same time with this major milestone in my life comes the decision to dedicate my Debut Album as well 50% of the proceeds generated by this concerts and sales to charity and humanitarian causes alike. Thus giving life to the philanthropist side of me, a side that I hold dearest in my heart.
- August 2018 - the biggest succes of my life so far - I get to sing on stage with DAVID FOSTER!!!
- November 2018 - I compose and release alongside Olivier Bassil, Brian Sheil and Nicoleta Roman (my manager) "Your Journey" - a song with an inspirational message which would succesfuly take part in the National Selection Eurovision 2019 in Romania and secure my presence in the Grand Finals of the competition that year.
Much more to come ;) stay tuned!